Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Tuesday's With Morrie... Or rather Wednesday's

Evening,

My mum and sister, Bethany, have this thing about books. Whenever I see them they are either nose deep in a juicy novel or they are talking about the book they are in the middle of; and I must admit most of the time I haven't got a clue of what they are talking about.

But, years ago; back in my A-Level years so at least 4 years ago now (WOW... me old), my teacher introduced me to Mitch Albom, the first novel I read was 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven'. If you haven't read this book, then you should. No joke. You really should go to the Library now and borrow it or buy it from a book store; better yet you can borrow it from me.

It is a brain-turned-on-make-you-think book, but it makes you look at life in a whole different way; even if you forget about it after you've finished reading the book; you'll want to read it again to remember.

I won't explain too much because that'll spoil the book. But, an old man works in a fair-ground at the end of an old pier and he closes his eyes and suddenly he is in the after-life or rather some sort of limbo area where he is met one after an other by five people that have been in his life at some point or another; whether it was for an hour or a decade or even five minutes. He tries to work out who the fifth person may be all the way through the book, and by the end of it you're crying buckets (at least those wimps like me will be).

It makes you think; who will I meet when I die? Even if you don't believe in the after-life.

Mitch Albom has also written: 'Tuesday's With Morrie'; 'For One More Day' and 'Have a Little Faith' (which I have just started reading).

Another thing that is so great about a Mitch Albom novel is that they are a 'Bank-Holiday Book'; you can read them over a long weekend; in such a short space of time it can impact you quite greatly.

There's a Bank Holiday coming up soon right?

1 comment:

  1. yep, yep, yep amazing. I was talking to heron about this book yesterday :) x

    ReplyDelete