Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

Bank's Don't Holiday as we Still Spend


I like Bank Holidays, they do seem to make the weekend go quicker though, when in actual fact it's obviously longer. I get paid tomorrow and I already have a list of 50 things that I know I can't buy. Since I know what my wage will be, pretty much down to the last penny I can work out exactly where it is all going and what needs to be paid first.

But before I do all that, I need to go back to my old bank and tell them to take a long walk off a short pier. I shaln't go into grimey details of how and why I hate them because those who I've already moaned at will know why. Needless to say, I need to get it sorted. So, that's on my list.

At the beginning in there is my tithing, rent, phone bill, driving lessons, bus pass for another month or so I think, maybe couple more months, but I'll keep you updated on when I pass my test and if I get a car, oh and that's not to mention my I.S.A. savings direct debit and my insurance, oh the list goes on. Exciting. Then I owe my sister birthday money, from March. Late I know. I want to get my phone fixed which will cost £30 and then I want to buy a pair of shoes. I also want to go up and see my Boyfriend this Wednesday until Sunday, which will be interesting and luckily the lovely Boyfriend 'I think' will be bringing me back.

I read somewhere that at least half the percentage of those who work; if not more (I can't remember exact figures), spend all their wage within two weeks of receiving it, and I think if you look at my outgoings for this next month, I can kinda see where 'they' (the prospective professionals) are coming from.

So, how can I stop this? How can I, you, stop spending all our wage in the first two weeks of the month? I have a slight idea but I'm not sure if it'll work or not. Getting all the bills and important things paid off then when the coast is clear of anything that might worry you, split the rest of the money into the weeks that you have left in the month, say you have a £100 left, split it between 4 weeks and that is £25 a week to spend on whatever you like. That way when you get to the end of the month and you fancy a nice treat out or some lunch from Tesco because you've been lazy and not brought any from home to work with you, then you can go and buy some, without feeling the pinch on your pocket. I really should try doing this budgeting malarky.

No comments:

Post a Comment