Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Easier Than It Looks

I decided today that for a whole 10 seconds I would dislike my driving instructor! Only because I could see the method in his somewhat crazy madness... and he nearly broke the door on his AA driving car! And I thought I was supposed to be the one to break the car... tut tut.

The reason for my disliking is this, it has taken me 4-5 weeks to perfect my reversing around a corner, bearing in mind people I only had 1 hour a week for a lesson and I don't have anyone to practice with in between, and then he gets me to do parallel parking.

The easiest manouver in driving I've done so far... and I've done a three point turn, reversing around a corner and now parallel parking. When he explained it to me he said it sounds harder than it is... and really it is easier than it looks. The only thing you need to remember to do is get the steering right once you're at 45 degree angle to the pavement and swinging the car round once your wheel is near enough, but seriously?! I was well annoyed haha because I wanted to do the easier stuff first, but that's why I was only annoyed for 10 seconds because hey! I can reverse around a corner now and parallel parking is easy... now just onto reversing into a parking space... Let the fun begin. He also tried to break something else in the car, maybe my instructor should get some extra insurance!

So, yeah, parallel parking... in the bag. :)

1 comment:

  1. lol hmm yes maybe u suggest extra insurance to him i would love to hear how he taakes it :P and yes i know im right next to you but u moan i dont read it so this is proof i do :D woot well done gracex

    ReplyDelete